Books from Higher Ground is an independent publisher specializing in books written for a purpose. That purpose is to empower others through storytelling.
Sunday, June 19, 2016
New Features Coming to BHG Blog!!!
We are excited to announce that the BHG Blog will now feature great new content, author bios, and more opportunities for readers to win! Subscribe to BHG's Blog today so that you don't miss out on free stuff! You never know what we'll be giving away.
You'll want to be among the first to know of all of our new offerings. And don't forget to stock up on titles by your favorite BHG authors by visiting our bookstore here!
Doodlebug Press is a division of Books from Higher Ground that publishes books written for kids by kids. Capture a moment in time through allowing your child to create a published work using their God-given imagination and talents! If you have a child who is always writing stories or drawing pictures, we can help you hold on to the memories and provide you with a keepsake that will not only serve as a way for your child to see progress from project to project; it will also provide them with an opportunity to learn how to write, publish, and market their own work. Write to us for more details on our Youth Writing Workshops which include help with age-appropriate plot and character development, editing, how to promote your writing and developing a marketing platform for your work. Workshops are available for all age groups from grades 2-12 and authors will be able to work toward having a finished product which will be available through Books from Higher Ground upon satisfactory completion of the work. Mentoring and guidance for young authors is a huge part of this program. Get in touch with us today and set up a Youth Writing Workshop for your school or church! An affordable and fun way to engage your young author and encourage them to tell their story!
Now Accepting Submissions!
We are a unique publishing company and will be seeking authors whose work glorifies Christ. We are especially interested in Memoirs and Personal Testimony. No erotica or horror, please. Our submission guidelines are listed below:
1. We are currently only accepting electronic submissions. Please send to: email@example.com.
2. Use a single, clear font, 12 point size. The best to use is Courier or Courier New.
3. Use clear black text on a white background.
4. Include your name and contact information at the top left of the first page. Put an accurate word count at the top right.
5. If you write under a pseudonym, put that beneath the title but your real name in the top left of the first page.
6. Left-justify your paragraphs. Right margins should be “ragged”. Ensure there is at least a 1 inch margin all the way around your text. This is to allow annotation to be written onto a printed copy.
7. Use double spacing for all your text. Don’t insert extra lines between your paragraphs.
8. Indent the first line of each paragraph by about 1/2 inch.
9. Put the word “End” after your last page of text.
If we think your story is a good fit for Books from Higher Ground, we will be in touch. Please allow between four and six weeks for response.